Sunday, May 24, 2009


I meet the grad students on Tuesday. Therefore, I'm sitting at the laundromat on Memorial Day Weekend washing all my dirt so I can meet them with a pair of underwear on, maybe a clean shirt. Not ideal for Sunday when I have a book to finish, a girlfriend I miss, and friends bbq-ing in various spots upstate and downstate. In fact, this sux. The students have names like Ashley, Anita, Angela, Kasia, Katie, Karen--names that get stuck together. I was planning to memorize their names ahead of time, but I'm too crabby. I hope something comes along to hit me with a better attitude. A big storm can help. Tell me something funny or send a picture of a beautiful object or color if you are also stuck at your desk. I'm definitely buying a chipwich when the ice cream man comes 'round.

2 comments:

tooknap press said...

It looks from this pic like you're beachside. . . does that make things worse?

inkysocks said...

recycled joy from ptown last summer.