Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Grandmother died this morning, and I am suddenly heading home, via Detroit. Some of you have heard a lot of Ida stories. I have a lot to say about Grandma Ida, but i think I need to stop crying at the ice cream parlor. People are staring. She made it through 94 years and I will make sure to celebrate her life this weekend, probably by telling some inappropriate story in an awkward moment. The postmaster shook my hand tonight, and we said our goodbyes. Time to get on the road.

3 comments:

bruno said...

i am sending great waves of love and peace and healing in the Detroit direction for Ida and you and the whole clan.

big love.

cls said...

i am so sorry. that is hard. wishing you and your family warmth and calm in the next few weeks (strength, you already have).

inkysocks said...

thank you, friends