Thursday, June 26, 2008

I have arrived at Yaddo, and hope to post photographs soon. Be warned that there will be a gray speck in all the photos, because I cannot afford to have Canon open my camera and clean the lens.

Two unusual things happened today:
I went jogging.
I saw a baby fox. We made intense eye contact.

Oh, and I did some writing. I am going through everything that has happened to the people I have interviewed over the last 9 years, and writing lists of their lives in chronological order. It has been making me feel emotional/depressed, and I have not been very social. I did sit at dinner with another resident whose voice sounded mighty familiar. She's an NPR correspondent! Sometimes you feel as though NPR reporters are friends inside your radio box. It's disconcerting to see the voice embodied.

Unfortunately, I brought some work with me that am putting off, aside from my book. If I finish one job and invoice anytime soon, I plan to update my 2001 laptop to an 2008 laptop.

I feel like a brat for missing my rabbit and sweetie and my blogging habit.

No comments: