Friday, April 20, 2007

[BEDTIME]
I am going to try the impossible: an early bedtime. I've chosen a weekend night for the challenge. A weeknight? Too ordinary and sensible.

I fear tomorrow's sunshine will bring about enormous pressure to be happy. I am not ready to be buoyant. It usually takes me weeks to understand which parts of the body to expose and which to keep covered. Shorts and rag socks? Okay. A turtleneck and short skirt, no tights? Yep. Windbreaker and wool hat? Yes. That's the kind of lopsided I'm talking about. Does anyone else feel opressed by the impending mandate to be happy? Merrill, can you hear me? On the other hand, I can feel my muscles start to relax when I go outside, instead of bunching up around the bone. And there's the my bike--I can't wait.

Yesterday was a bit of a downer and I tried to lift my chin up with a little tennis. I put on my little tennis outfit and trotted to the backboards, but--No!--they were filled with handball players. Sometimes if you linger and bat your eyes a little, a few handball games merge. But I could not play fey yesterday.

Lastly, I'm putting out an unrgent call: WHAT DO SNAILS EAT?
I am really worried the ASPCA is going to come knocking on my door, maybe with some video cameras in tow, if I don't get some victuals to these little guys. Help.

I hope to rise early without the inexplicable hangover--sugar? coffee?--tomorrow. I have so many books to read and one to write and a little sewing and hiking to do this weekend. Ciao for now. Ow.

4 comments:

bruno said...

some los angeles snails ate all my mothers lettuce. and then she plucked them all up, as many as she could carry, and fed them cormmeal for two days to "clean out their systems." i dont know if you're interested in having clean-systemed snails, but i think that they will for sure eat lettuce and cornmeal. at least, that's all the rage in the LA snail circles.

inkysocks said...

and then should i remove them from their habitat and all the waste? how do you take a snail off of glass when it's suctioned on? will i hurt it if i pull a little? should we ask your mother about this??

bruno said...

we could try. but then again, she proceded to boil them up in salted water, remove each one from its shell, only to put them all into little baggies in the freezer... where they still sit to this day. sorry for the horror story. maybe she's not the best one to ask. (she really digs escargot.)

inkysocks said...

I want to keep mine in their shells. I just don't know how hard I am allowed to pull them.