Sunday, March 25, 2007

[VACATION]
So far, vacation has been swell. I've made delicious chocolate chip cookies using Mark Bittman's recipe, with at least 4 substitutions (vanilla yogurt for vanilla extract, no white sugar, extra flour, etc.). They're smooth and I've eaten too many. I'm rolling up a few extra logs of dough for the freezer and hoping to meet the neighbors once I cut and bake the next batch. I watched Black Hawk Down on Friday night; if you haven't seen it, watch it and please call me. I'm embarrassed to say that I hardly noticed the movie when it came out--I was swaddled in campus-centric college life.

I've taken a few long drives and worked on my book proposal last night, taking breaks to play with Augustus. He's taken to his weekend home.

This town is surrounded by chasidic camps and ashrams. Pictures soon.

No comments: